Presented by Landon Blake, Redefined Horizons
Many land surveyors assume contracts are a black box they aren’t supposed to understand. That isn’t true! You shouldn’t be signing a contract you don’t understand. In this webinar, Landon will cover basics of business contracts for land surveyors. That will include the purpose of a control, the parts of a contract, and the red flags you need to look for when reviewing contracts. Landon will review the language in the CLSA standard contract and will also look at a contract sent by a potential client with major problems. Landon will answer the following questions in the webinar:
- When does a land surveyor need a contract?
- What belongs in a contract?
- Do you need a scope-of-services and a mapping limits exhibit in your contract?
- What is duty to defend language, and why is it important?
- What should your contract say about digital deliverables?
- Can you use a contract to limit your liability?
- How is professional liability insurance related to your contract?
- What are 3 principles you should follow when reviewing or writing contracts?
*Presentations are not reviewed by CLSA and are the sole opinion and advice of that speaker/presenter.